The Science of Mold Remediation
When molds reproduce, their spores, which are invisible to the naked eye, float around in both indoor and outdoor air. These spores may be microscopic, but if they are given the perfect environment to germinate, these spores will manifest and create harmful fungi. When spores come in contact with wet surfaces, such as the kitchen sink, the bathroom floor, and leaky pipes, it induces the chances for mold to grow in those areas. Mold is a type of fungi that when it is unattended, may cause serious water damages to the home. When you look at molds, you might think that these fuzzy or slimy organisms can't do much damage to you or your home. Varieties of mold give the impression that they are harmless, and they often come in a variety of colors such as black, white, green, and orange; but when mold is left alone, allowing it to grow, there is a significant chance that it will become toxic and hazardous to your health.
Molds can generally grow anywhere, but it is places that are damp, or humid, and contain organisms that they eat, where they thrive at best. Molds can grow both indoors and outdoors. Common household molds grow in wet or damp areas. Some of these places are:
- Wood Products
- Ceiling Tiles
When mold has been detected both inside and outside of your home, the call for action is immediate extraction. Molds produce irritating substances that are called allergens, which may cause allergies in some sensitive individuals. When an individual becomes allergic, you may encounter symptoms such as a runny nose, coughing, wheezing, and redness of the eyes and nose; but because of modern medicine, allergies can be easily and immediately remedied, before they are turned into asthma. Although medicines such as antihistamines are ready for the public, it doesn't mean that you are safe from molds. As long as they are present, they are still a threat to your home and your health.
The Difference of Removal and Remediation
Mold can be extracted in two ways: mold removal and mold remediation. The first is the basic way, wherein cleaning products, such as bleach, baking soda, and detergents, are used to remove mold. Mold removal can be done at home; however, it does not necessarily mean that the molds won't come back. Mold remediation, on the other hand, controls it from spreading around the house. Companies like All County DKI, that offer professional mold remediation, understand mold and its growth, making them a reliable source for helping you reduce the chances of living in a hazardous space.
- Inspection - Professionals know the different types of mold that are growing in your home. With that said, they are able to assess which necessary equipment and solutions they will use to remedy the problem.
- Containment - Using advanced equipment like negative air chambers, we are able to control the pread of mold during the cleaning process. During this phase of the remediation process, all fans, heating, and cooling will be turned off.
- Air Filtration - Equipment such as, air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums, are used for filtering and capturing mold spores that are present in the air.
- Cleaning - The Remediation process also includes cleaning the items around your house. By doing so, they are removing possible spores that have not yet manifested, and remove the odors left by molds through deodorization.
- Restoration - Some processes may involve minor repairs to fix the damages caused by molds. Depending on the damage, restoration may include: replacing the drywall, painting, and installations of new carpets.
Mold growth may begin harmlessly, but if left unattended and allowed to manifest, they turn from harmless to harmful in a few short days. To effectively control the growth of mold in your home, the best choice is mold remediation. It is done professionally, correctly, and safely, giving you comfort each time you breathe.
Curious about home restoration? You may visit out contact page for more information on mold inspection and other damage restoration services. If you live near the areas around South Florida, call: 888-616-6811, and we are happy to answer all of your inquiries.
What Our Clients Say
I highly recommend this company. I had a flood in my home that inundated the second floor bedroom. Within 45 minutes after my call, the All County DKI team arrived and immediately started vacuuming the water with their special equipment.Read More
I can’t recommend All County DKI enough. Michael, Versy and their whole wonderful team helped me dry out and sort through tons of stuff when my mothers washing machine pipe broke and flooded her entire house.Read More
All County DKI, South FLorida
- Belle Glade
- Boca Raton
- Boynton Beach
- Canal Point
- Coconut Creek
- Coral Gables
- Coral Springs
- Deerfield Beach
- Delray Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Key Biscayne
- Lake Harbor
- Lake Worth
- Lighthouse Point
- Miami Beach
- Miami Gardens
- North Miami Beach
- North Palm Beach
- Opa Locka
- Palm Beach
- Palm Beach Gardens
- Pembroke Pines
- Pompano Beach
- Royal Palm Beach
- South Bay
- West Palm Beach